QUICK FACTS ABOUT ALCOHOL!
DID YOU KNOW:
- Alcohol affects every organ in the body.
- Alcohol is a depressant, not only does it slow down a person's reaction time, but also their judgement and coordination.
- Excessive drinking may result in memory loss and shrinkage of the brain.
- Youths who use alcohol before age 15 are four times more likely to become alcohol dependent than adults who begin drinking at 21.
- Alcohol causes bad breath!
- Convenience stores are the easiest place to buy alcohol, compared to bars and clubs for underage youths.
- USA has the highest minimum drinking age in the world, starting at 21.
- Alcohol causes imbalances in the hormonal system for both males and females, which could cause infertility.
- Alcohol causes your skin to dry out and can lead to wrinkles and premature ageing!
- Alcohol is estimated to be responsible for 33,000 deaths in the UK each year.
- Binge drinking can lead to anti-social, aggressive and violent behaviour.
- Booze features in almost 40% of all domestic violents incidents in the UK.
- By the age of 11, the majority of children will have tasted alcohol.
- Over 1,000 young people under the age of 15 are admitted to hospital each year with alcohol poisoning.