Minutes Week 18:Edit
Present: Sara Ronne and Clarissa Dibb
Key discussion point and decisions:
- We discussed if we were to stick with the original idea (Health - healthy eating - a "five-a-day" campaign) or change it. A few new ideas came up:
- Recycling: how every household should recycle. (Clarissa)
- "Stop Rupert Murdoch: In 48 hours, nearly half the British mass media could be bought by one of the world's media moguls" (Sara)
- Campaigning for homosexual equality (Sara)
- Making piracy of films/music legal/make a cheaper offer. (Sara)
- We actually ended up with sticking with the original idea, but making a new concept:
- Issue: We are unsatisfied with the option of eating/buying healthy food in our cafeteria at university.
- Aim: Make Universities', but especially Middlesex's, cafeterias more healthy, by having serving fruit and vegetables as a healthy option.
- Target: Students
- People/groups to support key message: Contact Jamie Oliver, NHS, and other organizations.
- Actions/Tactics: boycott, posters, video, letters (?) facebook, Wiki-page. Blogg (?). We also discussed if we should have a stand outside of the cafeteria, giving out free fruit and "preventing" students going inside.
- We decided on our new group name: The Healthy Option. Because this is what we want to give students; we are not going to force them to eat healthy food, but at least give them the option. We are also going to make a logo. We are aware that some food-chains have the same/similar name, but we were uncertain wether that would be a problem. (http://www.healthy-options.co.uk/ http://www.thehealthyoptionstore.co.uk/)
Next week's agenda:
Because we have started so late, there's a lot we have to do in a very short time. *Research:
- The costs of fruit and vegetable (and compare it to the "unhealthy" option such chocolate bar, crisps, etc.)
- Why it's better to choose healthy food (fruit and vegetables).
- Find a company(s) that can provide fruit and vegetables for a reasonable cost (to Middlesex University)
- Try to contact Jamie Oliver (or another "famous name").
- Find and contact other school who have turned their cafeterias into a more healthy option.
- Find and contact organizations that can support our message. (NHS)
- Send an email to Aga/Ginni to confirm our campaign.
- We have spilt the work in half (the way it's set above) and Clarissa will do the research and Sara will try to contact people/organizations.
- Next meeting: Not decided yet. Most likely during week 18 or 19.
SararonneMDX 06:15, March 3, 2011 (UTC)
ClarissaDibbMDX 12:30, March 3, 2011 (UTC)